Help please!

Diverse (algemene) onderwerpen/nieuws met betrekking tot overmatig zweten, huisarts, dermatoloog, zweet ervaringen etc.

Moderators: Thijs, Erje

Plaats reactie
massimo76
Druppel
Druppel
Contacteer:

Help please!

Bericht door massimo76 »

Dear all,

first of all, I apologize but I do not speak Dutch.

I was very surprised and glad to find this forum.

I suffer of a very strong form of hyperhidrosis, especially on my hands, constantly wet during day and night.

Some years ago I tried both ionoforesis and botox injections. The injections helped a bit, reducing the sweating for six months. But they were extremely painful because I did them without anesthetic.

I would like to ask you what are the most common methods to fight this annoying problem here in the Netherlands. Also if an authorization of the huishart is needed for such interventions (i.e.: botox) and how difficult is to get it. Finally, how much do the botox injections (or other measures) cost?

I am not interested in ionoforesis and Endoscopic thoracic sympathectomy (ETS).

Thank you very much for your help!

Max
Thijs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Re: Help please!

Bericht door Thijs »

Hello Max,

Welcome on this forum. Yes you do need an authorization from your GP to get injected with botox. But i think you should be me comfortable with oxybutinine tablets. Ask your GP about them. They are used for other matters and not registrated as medicine against hyperhidrosis but it does work good.

Botox injections cost about 600 euro's. If you get injected in Belgium it's much cheaper. If you find a hospital in the Netherlands that do inject botox it won't cost a thing as your insurance will pay for it.

Greetings,

Thijs
massimo76
Druppel
Druppel
Contacteer:

Bericht door massimo76 »

Hi Thijs, thanks for the kind reply and the precious information.

Concerning the oxybutinine tablets, I didn't know about this treatment. I just hope that it is easy to get a prescription from the GP. Do you know of the most common side effects?

Again, many thanks.

Max
Thijs
Site Admin
Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door Thijs »

Hi Max,

Oxybutinine is used for people with blatter problems. One of the side effects is that it reduces the excessive sweating. Another sideeffect is that you can get a dry mouth. That's about it. The people i know who use it are very pleased with it. It's especially good for people who have excessive sweating on their whole body or the hands. Give it a go, hopefully your GP will subscribe it.

Let us know how things work out,

Greetings Thijs
Plaats reactie